Business Development Director
Reporting to: Regional Managing Director
FITCH is an international design consultancy that brings together customers and brands within effective and seamless retail experiences. Established in 1972 with 12 studios in 8 countries, FITCH is part of WPP, the world’s leading marketing services group.
- Setting the strategy for business development and growth of South East Asia
- Generating new business leads within defined target markets and retail sectors
- Working alongside the core account servicing teams to develop FITCH strategies, plans and pitch content
- Representing new business at a senior management level, reporting on new business and marketing activities at both the regional and global levels
- Develop an ongoing strategic plan to target, develop and close a qualified list of potential clients across existing and new retail sectors and regional markets.
- Developing high level relationships through industry groups, Chamber of Commerce and other viable networking methods.
- Convincingly represent the evolving FITCH business offer to new business prospects, understand their needs and converting the needs into proposal writing opportunities.
- Working with the management team to provide direction relating to project objectives and contractual scope, when appropriate.
- Helping to drive communication of the FITCH offer in the most compelling way, in conjunction with global counterparts.
- Capturing FITCH case-studies in conjunction with the client service team and managing the credentials database.
- Filtering pitch opportunities and leading the pitch strategy and presentation in conjunction with the client service, strategy and design teams.
- Orchestrating an active PR program including press relations, conference and event speeches and so on.
- Writing proposals, producing project costings, receiving legal details, negotiating and closing contracts.
- Reporting of all new business activity according to the weekly, monthly and annual reporting cycles.
- Responsibility for ensuring that all data is stored/shared and up to date in sales database, Salesforce.com
Professional & Technical Experience:
- Degree qualified, ideally sales, marketing, business studies or related discipline
- Proven track record in business development within Asia and minimum 8 years’ experience in related industry (retail, design etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally with senior management levels
- Excellent written and verbal English essential, Mandarin or other Asian languages advantageous
- Detail orientated, exceptional organisational skills
- Ability to work collaboratively, lead pitches and kick-off projects effectively with the internal teams
- Strong financial and business acumen
- Highly skilled in all MS Office programmes and an understanding of the capabilities of Adobe Acrobat
Key Success Factors:
- Achieving exceeding budgeted sales targets
- Maintaining up to date case study database and other credential materials
- Maintaining up to date information in our sales database, Salesforce.com
- Expanding our profile across key target audiences
- Contributing to the overall success, wellbeing and positive working environment of FITCH