Building on the success of the ‘Colour with Asian Paints’ experience in Mumbai, Asian Paints wanted to evolve and extend it for the region of New Delhi.
After spending time with customers in their homes, FITCH learned that in India, customers are scared of colour… when it comes to decorating, that is! They see it as a hassle, almost entirely driven by contractors. They lack the confidence in making décor choices and are seeking solutions that are relevant to them and their homes.
In Delhi, customers want their homes to stand out. They are also very status- and celebrity-aware.
FITCH created the ‘Colour with Asian Paints’ experience in Delhi, an inspirational and educational colour experience that offers a highly personalised colour solution for each and every customer. Guests interact and experience what colour can do for their homes without buying a single pot of paint.
Using RFID ‘colour cards’, guest collect their ideas and experiences, which are downloaded and incorporated in their own personalised take-home colour magazine.
On the back wall of the store, the full range of Asian Paints colours are displayed on small cubes. After guests choose their preferred combination, guests are guided by a Colour Consultant to visualize their ideas in a virtual room on screen – spin the Colour 3D cubes to fine tune the colours; one way to darken; the other and it lightens.
‘The Colour Store experience has fundamentally changed our brand. We are now the brand and décor experts
- Satish Kulkarni, Asian Paints
35% increase in sales by selling lots of tins of paint in their adjacent dealer stores.
- A.R.E. Awards, Winner for store façade/ Colour Cloud, 2012
- Chain Store Age magazine ‘Retail Store of the Year’ awards, 1st place in Service category, Special Judges’ Award for Use for Technology
- The Hub Prize competition, Gold Winner, ‘The Ultimate Hub Prize’ (equivalent of ‘Best in Show’)
- Retail Design Institute International Store, 1st place in Manufacturer’s Showroom category, Special award for in-store technology
FITCH’s other related work with Asian Paints:
• ‘Colour with Asian Paints’ experience, Mumbai
• Colourideas dealer stores