FITCH has been working with Asian Paints, India’s largest commercial paint manufacturer, for the past 6 years to change their brand perception to be seen as the home and décor experts in Asia.
In India, consumers are scared of colour… when it comes to decorating that is! Home decorating is seen as a hassle in India where consumers lack confidence in making imaginative choices.
Presented as a ‘walk-in home décor magazine’, FITCH first created ‘Colour with Asian Paints’ experience store in Mumbai, India.
This store doesn’t sell a single pot of paint, instead, it is an ultimate playground of colour that allows consumers to experience what colour can do for their homes. It creates an inspirational and interactive colour experience where guests build colour confidence, get inspired by the latest room-sets, test and make their décor ideas happen in their homes.
As a result of the Colour experience, the Asian Paints brand has fundamentally changed.
“The Colour store experience has fundamentally changed our brand. We are now the colour and décor experts
- Satish Kulkarni, Asian Paints
35% increase in sales by selling lots of tins of paint in their adjacent dealer stores.
- Retail Interior Awards, Best International Retail Interior, 2008
- Retail Design Institute Awards, Best Manufacturer’s Showroom, Best Innovative Concept, Best in Class for International Store Design, 2008
- WPPed Cream, Creme de la Crème, 2008
- VMSD International Visual Competition, Visual Technology in a Visual Display, 2009
- IDSA IDEA, Silver IDEA, 2009
- A.R.E. Awards 2009
A collaboration between the Singapore and Mumbai studios.
FITCH’s other related work with Asian Paints:
• ‘Colour with Asian Paints’ Delhi
• Colour Ideas dealer stores